Italian Dairy Products FZC
First Bit helps a leading cheese factory in Sharjah to reduce 60% financial and management accounting manual workload along with streamlined production
Today we possess all relevant information regarding what the cost of sales is com-posed of, what stock exists in production, what needs to be changed to increase work efficiency. Business operations significantly sped up due to the reduced manual work-load and connected Production, Sales, Financial parts in one digital space.
The project was done quickly and professionally. And we are pleased with post-implementation support that First Bit team provides us
Aiming to craft daily and locally the best traditional freshest cheeses for their customers in the UAE, Italian Dairy Products uses only locally sourced milk, carrying out the reliable quality control in each step of the process production, which is proved by the international safety and quality standards (HACCP).
Project Goals and Tasks
- to calculate production costs for each item automatically and estimate the profitability of production and overall business performance;
- to implement automated payroll calculation in full compliance with UAE Labor Law;
- to automate VAT calculation with the UAE law requirements;
- to track and evaluate instantly the performance of each employee in terms of fulfilling their sales targets;
- to streamline the key business processes of the company in the united digital system with real-time mode of analytical data and reporting consolidation.
Despite having an existing software – Sage Accounting U.S. edition, it did not support VAT and was not able to provide the exact information in real-time about production costs, inventory stocks, and sales efficiency. Hence, calculations and some of the operation processes had been performed manually.
First Bit was chosen as a software vendor that has qualified specialists with extensive ERP development background and sufficient experience in the field of production and distribution business automation.
In general, the process of ERP implementation took 4 working visits, during which the following services were rendered: software installation, data migration (closing balance and master details) from Sage software, training sessions for each department’s end-users, print forms customization based on clients’ requirements.
As a part of the project, the software post-implementation support along with timely software updates and consultations are provided by First Bit experts.
- The automatic calculation of the exact cost of each production item (including allocation of raw materials, labor costs, delivery and other components) allows management to get an estimation on profit and business efficiency in one click.
- Instantaneous production progression tracking enhances the day-to-day operation demand planning based on the production order system. Production orders are created automatically based on sales movements.
- There is real-time visibility of inventory stocks.
- Production became more efficient due to the acceleration of operations between departments – sales, procurement, inventory, finance.
- With Payroll module, the company calculates all salaries in the automatic mode as well as vacation balance, sick leaves, gratuity pay, etc, staying in compliance with the UAE Labor Law. It eliminates mistakes of manual calculations.
- Using the features of Accounting & VAT module, it is possible to calculate VAT automatically and generate VAT Return in accordance with the UAE Law. The company is ready for Tax Audits.
- Financial statements are set for IFRS.
- As the company is located in Sharjah Hamriyah Free Zone and performs import transactions, some operations such as customs declaration, reverse charge, multi-currency and conversion currencies rates for tax invoices were automated. It reduces the possibility of fines and mistakes.
- The sales performance tracking of each employee and overall sales movements certainly got clear.
- Data transparency is maintained by receiving all reports instantly – profitability, cost of each item, production, sales performance, stocks, etc. Hence, management can make informed commercial and technical judgments to respond to any business challenges.